Monday, February 21, 2011

はじめまして

Hajimemashite! Pleased to meet you!  My name is Becky and I am an Ed.M. and Elementary Education Certification (k-5) student at Rutgers University.  I am currently in my second semester and will graduate in May 2012.  I am in a fifth grade classroom for my practicum training and am loving every minute of my time there!  Upon graduation, I would like to travel to Japan and teach at an International school.  I studied abroad in Japan for four months and have visited a total of three times.  While in Japan, I fell in love with the language, culture and people, and cannot wait to return.  Finding employment at an International school is not easy and requires a great deal of research.  This blog will detail my experiences as I search for an International school in Japan and explore what it will be like to live abroad.  This blog will also serve as a place for individuals who are interested in teaching at an International school to come and discuss their thoughts, pose questions, and provide information.  This is going to be a long journey, but one that I am excited for and I am glad you will be here to share it with me!


Have you ever thought about working at an International school?  I look forward to hearing from you!

どうぞうよろしくおねがいします Dozo yoroshiku onegaishimasu! So glad to have met you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becky!
    I must say your goals are quite courageous and your journey sounds so exciting!
    My brother and sister both lived in Bali, Indonesia for a while. They learned a great deal about the Asian culture. I would like to do the same and have looked into the TEFL program and I would be very interested in teaching English as a foreign language. As a teacher yourself, would you have additional information about the program or know anyone who has done it? Let me know if you do!! Thank you and good luck!

    ReplyDelete